World Of Naruto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Naruto is based on the anime and manga Naruto created by Masashi Kishimoto. World of Naruto is a game that attempts to bring Masashi Kishimoto's universe to life. Every character in the series will appear in World of Naruto as a computer-controll

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elementals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trype
Player
Trype

Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Elementals   Elementals EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:12 pm

So. I'm new to this whole thinking thing, and it hurts severely, but I thought I'd throw out a couple of ideas, whether they're wanted or not. I was thinking (and you may have already been planning this WAY down the line) that element-specific abilities need to be re-vamped.

Such as: Each Element would be for THAT element only.
Earth
Perhaps new earth attacks (I realize not much of earth has been shown in Naruto, but certainly different forms are possible in the Naruto world? I completely understand if you'd rather stick with shown-only skills)

Whole land could be lifted in the Naruto series, at great strain. Could be an alternative to treewalk, for earth users, or used like takitsubo to enhance earth abilities.

Artist - You thrust open a scroll, and many rocks appear from thin air, one wave of the scroll, and they begin to fly at high speeds towards your opponent. [Perhaps a low damaging ability, as any true ninja would have an easy time dodging/taking small hits from rocks]

Ninjutsu - You perform the hand signs for (this jutsu) and hold your hand to the sky. The very ground around your enemy erupts into pointed jags and thrusts towards them. (moderate damage ability)

Taijutsu - You punch the ground, burying your fist in the soil. With a yell, you charge forward, bursting the ground with your fist. As you reach your enemy, you fling your fist up in a punch, as earth and rocks reinforce your strike.

Genjutsu - (Illusion) Pillars form from the ground around your opponent, and shrink into a rather small prison, before slamming together completely, inflicting damage to your enemy. (illusion damage, however you work that out Cool )

(Now I see why Earth wasn't used much in Naruto. hard to come up with new ideas without being the all powerful supreme being)

Fire
Lets face it, there are many abilities you can think of/use for fire elementals.

There was the grand fireball technique, used by the Uchiha's. Also the Phoenix Flame technique, that Sasuke also used, which was basically shooting multiple small fireballs. Also, Jiraiya could fuse the rasengan with the fireball technique, making the fire elemental version of Rasengan.

Artist - (scroll once again, or something similar) Multiple arrows with flaming tips form in mid-air and shoot towards your enemy.

Ninjutsu - Grand Fireball Technique, or Phoenix Flames, with perhaps the eventual Fire Rasengan.

Taijutsu - Also theoretical - I believe Rock Lee/Maito Gai could use wind in their normal taijutsu moves, such as the Leaf Hurricane (I could be wrong) but I was thinking more options for Buyou.
You leap after your airbourne opponent, and raise your leg high above your own head. You drop your foot onto your enemy with such speed that flames erupt from your leg. (ends Buyou)

Genjutsu - Easy to make an illusion with fire... hehe. The very air around your opponent comes alive with fire, tricking them into believing they are suffocating from lack of oxygen (maybe a disable of some sort?)
Or.... your illusion tricks the enemy into believing they are on fire, taking mental damage (and maybe disabling somehow?)

Lightning
Once again, there are many abilities for lightning. I propose that Chidori (in all forms) become lightning only, with Maximum and Full Body usable by Ninjutsu only.

Artist - (somewhat what Sasuke does) You hold your sword(or whatever weapon) into the air. Lightning pierces the sky and electrifies your blade(or whatever). (Maybe a form of buff, or used as a skill, just hitting the enemy afterwards)

Ninjutsu - Chidori up to Full Body and Maximum.

Taijutsu - You run to your enemy, with the clear sound of electricity crackling through the air. You deliver a one-two punch, with electricity sparking between your fist and the enemy's chest.

Genjutsu - Storm Illusion - The enemy believes a bad lightning storm is upon you, as his attacks are slowed down for fear of being struck. (Maybe also getting struck by lightning?)

Water
A few skills could be thrown around here.

Artist - The artist's blade slicks with a neverending stream of water, flinging water with each attack. (as an attack or a disable?)

Ninjutsu - Kisame's water sharks, or something similar. Perhaps more damaging tidal wave jutsu? Or perhaps a crowd control ability such as Zabuza used on Kakashi, the water prison.

Taijutsu - Same as artist, blade or fist slicks with water, flinging it with each attack.

Genjutsu - Illusion - The ground starts filling with water, until it rises above both fighters. The enemy believes he is drowning. (dealing damage over time, as the enemy tries to hold his breath, much in the same way poison does)

Wind
Once again, the rasengan is called into question, as the Rasen-Shuriken.

Artist - There are many ways an artist can use wind to his advantage, such as with the fan, that Temari uses. But it could be used to "sharpen" an artists weapon (giving it a wind-cutting edge?)

Ninjutsu - Rasen Shuriken, or a wind version of Raikiri, in which you would strike your enemy with the force of a tornado.

Taijutsu - Strengthen the hits of your fists, or use the wind behind you to make your strikes hit harder.

Genjutsu - Hurricanes, tornadoes, you name it, all can be used as an illusion.

AS MENTIONED BEFORE - I am indeed kind of new to the whole thinking thing. Bad ideas or good, I just thought I'd throw them out there. I also once again acknowledge your want of naruto-only skills, as most of these are theoretically possible in the Naruto world, but not actually shown. Anyways, an attempt at helping the most awesome MUD out there. And again: If I've wasted your time, I apologize, but thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Vasuka
Kage
Vasuka

Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elementals   Elementals EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Alot of the skills and jutsu are still being implemented, Ichike has a plan to eventually have every jutsu that have been ever shown or will ever be shown in the naruto Manga or anime. I cant personally say if elements will be tweeked but i belive that at the moment the way elemental works was a tester to see if it would work which it has, so ichike may well change how it works at some point but that is for him to say yay or nay to. hope this helps you a little, and even though you are new, dont think you cant put ideas forward because, its always useful they just dont always end up in the mud, or they do but with major tweeking so they fit into the mud coding.
Back to top Go down
https://wonmud.rpg-board.net
Trype
Player
Trype

Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elementals   Elementals EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:55 pm

ehh, I try. After talking with Ichike the little that I have, I 100% believe in his ability to run his own MUD. I'm just throwing ideas around. Any little bit I can do to help without absolutely getting in the way. All of my ideas may be rejected, but I promise I won't cry a tear. As said before: A great MUD, with a great leader.
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elementals   Elementals EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:23 pm

Once enough skills are in, I am thinking that elemental skills will be ONLY for people with that element.

Some will be for people with it as their prime element only.
Some for people with prime or secondary.
Some will be for people with the element in any order.

If there is a skill set that is for one element only, it won't also be just for one specialty too, as I think that that is too limiting.

Once the village bunshins are in (hopefully the next few weeks), I will finish off the 3rd level of the crypt, partially just to get ideas, and then I plan to mass-add tons of skills. At that stage, I will be looking more seriously at some of your ideas, if we have gaps that need to be filled in.

The idea of a storm jutsu was a nice one, as I don't think it was ever shown in Naruto yet it kind of makes sense.

Some of your ideas are basically already in (like chidori etc) whilst others are going to be clan-only things most likely (like water sharks), although I do wonder if perhaps it will be easier to just put in all skills, regardless of whether they are clan only or not, just to test them out if nothing else, then take them off players once kekkei genkai and such are put in. As that seems to be a good way to go about things, water sharks could well be given to all players (or at least to a sub spec of ninjutsu) on a temporary basis.
Back to top Go down
Psyris

Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elementals   Elementals EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 am

it would be neat if you could have attacks or skills based on more than one element. like if your primary is fire then you pick up earth as a secondary you could do a move called lava spike or something (fire and molten rock or maybe molten armor, like stone skin but with fire resistance.
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elementals   Elementals EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:42 am

That'd make it more complex to do that. There are only 10 combo elements though. 5x4 = 20 but divided by 2 as Fire+Earth and Earth+Fire are the same. Just the 10 combo elements.

Just the same, since we don't even have single elements, having combo elements is a bit far fetched.

Further, it also says in the series that combo elements are ONLY for kekkei genkai for certain clans, such as Ice Release for Kaishin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elementals   Elementals Empty

Back to top Go down

Elementals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Of Naruto :: Everything else :: Suggestions and ideas-
Jump to: