World Of Naruto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Naruto is based on the anime and manga Naruto created by Masashi Kishimoto. World of Naruto is a game that attempts to bring Masashi Kishimoto's universe to life. Every character in the series will appear in World of Naruto as a computer-controll

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Accessing the MUD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Axis

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:56 pm

I've been having a lot of problems connecting to the server recently. Is there something going on or is it entirely on my end? If I somehow got banned for something, could you tell me what it was for?
Back to top Go down
Shinizaru

Shinizaru

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:57 pm

No no, everyone's having that issue right now. The mud just needs to be reset, which I believe on Ichike can do. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Axis

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:00 pm

Ok, thanks. I really wasn't sure if it was just me or not.
Back to top Go down
Shinizaru

Shinizaru

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:01 pm

Don't sweat it Smile Hopefully, we'll be back up and running tomorrow at the latest. Just whenever Ichike notices.
Back to top Go down
Axis

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:05 pm

We should send him a PM. Or he might notice since this is the first post on this board.
Back to top Go down
Shinizaru

Shinizaru

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:05 pm

That and he'll notice when he tries to log on. When he can't connect fully, he'll know to reset.
Back to top Go down
Axis

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:06 pm

That too, or the lack of pbase.
Back to top Go down
Shinizaru

Shinizaru

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 pm

Haha, indeed. Just chill and check out the forum. Post a few things, look at a few things.
Back to top Go down
Axis

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Fair enough. I'll just enjoy my inebriation until then.
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:58 am

Sorry about that but we had a hang crash from 8am to 4.11pm today, inclusive. This happened shortly after I posted my April Fool's Day joke about Naruto: Eye of the Uchiha at 7.21am. I was at work while the MUD was suffering from a hang crash and was unable to do anything about it (I also didn't know it had happened). This is our first hang crash for about 4 months, and I wasn't aware that there was anything in the code that made this possible. I also haven't added any new code of note for a significant period of time. Hopefully this wasn't a player attacking the MUD in revenge for the plans to convert it into a Uchiha MUD!
Back to top Go down
Axis

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Don't lie. This was your idea of an April Fools joke "The mud is officially over." It would've been PERFECT if you played it out that way.
Back to top Go down
Hishia

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 pm

I think its down again *nod*
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:41 pm

For the past 3 hours.

Another hang crash. Odd.

Thanks for notifying me.

Perhaps people can note that on this thread if it happens again.
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Wow according to the logs, a guy called Vincent was "input spamming" 300 times in a row in a short period of time. I am not sure who Vincent was or what precisely he was doing but it was possible that he deliberately crashed the MUD by flooding it. Maybe it is just a coincidence though. Does anyone know who Vincent is?
Back to top Go down
Hishia

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 pm

I know Vincent, hes also Shinizaru and Durus and Krunari. He doesn't seem like the type of person to to intentionally try to crash the mud, he was prolly making herbals.
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:37 pm

You get the input spamming warning after typing the same command in 30 times. He's in the log with that warning 300 times in about 15 minutes. That's 9,000 herbals in a row. How much stamina does he have?

I don't know and perhaps it is a coincidence but that was the only odd thing in the log and seeing that many input spamming warnings is extraordinarily unusual. I have never seen that many in that short a space of time ever before.

If it wasn't that, I'd like to know what can cause the MUD to have a hang crash.
Back to top Go down
Shinizaru

Shinizaru

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:20 am

I did not intentionally crash the mud, I was indeed making herbals. If my timer is too much, I'll extend it to let the mud catch up to the command (Or maybe it's my internet that needs to catch up, either way) to prevent this from happening. My appologies.

I'd also like to say that I didn't even get a spam message, to be honest with you. Like I said, it was probably my computer that wasn't able to catch up to the commands I was putting in, though I guess I could re-do it so it's not on a timer some how. I'm going to figure out how to do this without making the mud crash. Again, my appologies.
Back to top Go down
Hishia

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:35 am

I can testify to this, the mud doesn't send out spam messages. I've never run into one on my mort or immort.
Back to top Go down
Hishia

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Another hang crash it seems.
Back to top Go down
Shinizaru

Shinizaru

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Second one today. Neither being my fault (_nodnod-)
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:10 am

We have had a massive rise in hang crashes lately. This is unheard of. Something is causing this. Hang crashes only happen when someone does something. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of what is causing it, whether it is a deliberate hack or if it is some code vulnerability that needs changing.
Back to top Go down
Psyris

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:53 pm

is it possible to see things like the days and times of the crash? if someone is accidentally crashing it maybe they could look at it and say hey, ive been on every time there has been a crash.
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: pain mob programs   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Hishia discovered yesterday that someone (well, it had to be an immortal...) had significantly modified the Pain mob programs such that they were a lot cheesier, giving items far more often than they should. While this in itself is bad, they also did it in a messy way, such that the mob programs were missing endif statements and the like.

I guess that there are only a few possibilities for who it could be and for why they might have done it but hopefully someone owns up.

It is possible that this is a cause for the increase in crashes and hang crashes lately. I don't know precisely.
Back to top Go down
Shinizaru

Shinizaru

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Hm, definitely could be. I do hope that this problem is solved, though. The many crashes all day can be quite irritating (not stoppin' me from playing, but it could deter others)
Back to top Go down
Axis

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Not detering me at all. I just need to get around to play. =P Things are starting to get real busy for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Accessing the MUD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing the MUD   Accessing the MUD Empty

Back to top Go down

Accessing the MUD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Of Naruto :: Everything else :: Archives-
Jump to: