World Of Naruto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Naruto is based on the anime and manga Naruto created by Masashi Kishimoto. World of Naruto is a game that attempts to bring Masashi Kishimoto's universe to life. Every character in the series will appear in World of Naruto as a computer-controll

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Update - 2 years worth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ichike
Immortal

Update - 2 years worth Empty
PostSubject: Update - 2 years worth   Update - 2 years worth EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:13 pm

For anyone who stumbles upon this, this is why the MUD hasn't been updated so much in the past 2 years.

Okay the main reason is because I moved. Not just to another house but the whole way over the ocean into another state.

The first problem with this is that it was a lot of time and effort to move. I could go and play but I didn't have enough time to spend coding. There were a lot of things to organise. Not to mention that my computer kept playing up.

After moving, I had major internet problems and I only finally fixed this to a standard where I could code about a month ago. While in theory I could have done minor things, in reality there was no point doing anything that would take more than about 20 minutes to do, and for people not familiar with coding, very little of the coding on this mud could be done in less than an hour.

Money was an issue too and when my computer finally fell apart I could only afford a small laptop, whose screen size is too small for me to be able to keep track of multiple windows, like I need to if I am going to do serious coding.

Sadly, these problems still haven't been resolved for me and, while I recently got my internet working properly, I still don't have a computer that I can use that is good enough to let me code. Not to mention the extra problem of having less free time than I used to.

This is why I decided a while ago to try to get some people involved who can do some of the work without me having to do too much. I recognise that this is a long-term problem and, while I'd hope for it to be fixed one day, the reality is that that may never happen.

In the early days I was spending 100+ hours per week on this mud but that simply isn't possible now. At most I could spend 5-10 hours and, as stated, I still don't have a decent computer (or at least not a big enough screen) to be able to do anything serious anyway.

So, as stated on the MUD, I am lowering the standards for immortals to only having to have played to Chuunin level.

As before, long-term immortals can become coders too. We have had a few coders before, but unfortunately none have been long-term coders or contributed a lot to the code so far. I hope to have 2-3 coders helping out once things are set up a bit more.
Back to top Go down

Update - 2 years worth
Page 1 of 1